A. Full Registration/ License
1. Having obtain degree of certificate in medicine recognized by the Medical Council of
2. Hold valid license to practice from the country of origin.
3. Passing all 3 parts of Licensing Examination conducted by Center for Medical
Competency Assessment and Accreditation.
4. Be member of the Medical Council of Thailand.
5. The registration fee is 500 Thai baht.
Be member of the Medical Council of Thailand
1. Not being less than 20 years of age.
2. Having obtain degree of certificate in medicine from medical schools recognized by the
Medical Council of Thailand.
3. Not being a person of bad conducts which, in the opinion of the committee, will bring
dishonor to profession.
4. Not having been sentenced by the final verdict or the lawful order to Imprisonment for the
offences which in the opinion of the committee, will bring dishonor to profession.
5. Not being a person having mental disorder or the diseases prescribed in the Rule of the
Medical Council of Thailand.
6. Membership fee is 4,000 Thai baht.
Recognition Medical Degree
1. If the medical school is not recognized by the Medical Council as listed in our website the
applicant has to submit the request form to the Medical Council Secretariat Office. (See
the list in www.tmc.or.th)
2. The Secretariat Office will send a letter within a week after receiving the request, to Dean
of the medical School to fill all details of their curriculum in the Information Sheet of
Foreign Medical School for Institutes and Curriculum Approval, and send back to our
office. Including with signature and the logo of the Medical School stamp in every pages
of the document (This process will not allow to be done by the students/graduates)
3. The Sub-committee on Accreditation will analyze and consider the standard and teaching
process of the curriculum and give their suggestion to the Executive Board Committee.
The conclusion will be approve or disapprove.
4. The Medical Council of Thailand conserves the right to review and disapprove the
accreditation at any time.
5. The duration of the process of 2 and 3 is not less than 3 months up to the co-operation of
the Dean of medical schools . The Sub-committee on Accreditation has set the meeting
once in every 3 months.
6. Consideration fee is 50,100 Thai baht per person (According to the new regulation).
fee could be refunded in some amount and in some conditions. The Medical Council of
Thailand conserve the right for no refunding.
1. The part 1 and part 2 of examinations are conducted in English.The part 3 is
conducted in Thai. However the applicants have to be able to know Thai language
for each process of their application.
2. For Thai citizens study in Thai medical schools have been performed the same
Requirement for each part
• Part 1 - hold certificate from the medical school that he has full filled all subjects of preclinical
science according to the curriculum for not less than 2 semesters.
• Part 2 - hold certificate from the medical school that he has full filled all subjects of
clinical science according to the curriculum for not less than 2 semesters.
• Part 3 - passed the part 1 and part 2 exam which the duration of each part passing not
more than 7 years.
• - applicant who graduated from aboard have to hold the license to practice medicine from
aboard which is recognized by The Medical Council Of Thailand.
for foreigners (Non-Thai) will be able to sit for the exam (all 3 parts) after they have
completed their degree and hold valid license from their country of origin or any countries
B. Temporary Permission/Registration
1. Having obtain valid license to practice from the country of origin.
2. Having obtain Specialty/Sub-specialty Board Certification from the country of origin. In
the case of being general medical practitioner (non-specialist) will be on consideration of
the Executive Board Committee of the Medical council of Thailand.
3. Work in specific place(s) and condition(s), (Research, New-medical technology
demonstration, Humanitarian or other conditions that the Executive Board Committee of
the Medical council of Thailand approved).
4. Work under control of the doctor(s) who have fully registered with The Medical Council of
5. The application have to be submitted from the director of the government
organization/hospital. The applicant has to contact with the director of that
organization/hospital directly, we do not accept any application form individual doctor.
6. Permission period is not more than 1 year.
7. The duration of the process is not less than 1 month after The Medical Council of
Thailand receive the request letter together with required documents of the applicants
from the director of that government organization/Hospital.
8. The practicing before The Medical Council of Thailand issue the permission is illegal.